Skip to content
Bariatric Bypass and Sleeve Gastrectomy
Post-Op Instructions for patients of SCNV’s Dr. Amanda Pysher
- It is recommended that you are ambulating at least three times per day. This will help prevent blood clots.
- Do not lift anything heavier than 20 pounds for 6 weeks.
- Do not drive within 24 hours of surgery or if taking narcotic pain medications.
- You may shower when you return home from the hospital
- Skin glue over your incisions will fall of on its own in 7-10 days
- Do not apply lotions or creams to your incisions
- Do not go swimming or soak in tubs for 2 weeks
- Follow the diet progression on the post-op diet handout, as previously directed.
- Continue sugar-free liquids with protein shakes for one week after surgery
- After one week, you may transition to a blended/pureed diet until three weeks after surgery
- It is important that you consume at least 48 ounces of fluid per day.
- Take Tylenol as needed for pain
- Take your vitamins regularly based on the scheduled outlined for you in clinic.
- Take an acid suppressing medication for 12 weeks.
- Take Actigall for 6 months, if instructed to do so.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications!